- Heat about 1 tsp of cooking oil in a non-stick skillet and cook onion until soft and slightly charred.
- In a food processor, pulse together cooked onion, walnuts, ¼ cup oats, chutney, garlic, salt, pepper, and ¾ cup beans until a paste is formed.
- Add the remaining oats, beans, and rice and pulse until just incorporated. This step can also be hand mixed.
- Shape 1/3 cup portions of the mixture to form 5 to 6 patties.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then lightly brush the parchment with oil. Arrange shaped patties on top, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, ideally overnight. 6. Cook patties in a well-oiled skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until crispy and browned. You may add the brie cheese on top of the patty after flipping to get it melty.
- To assemble, spread mayonnaise and Pear Walnut Chutney on warmed buns. Layer with a cooked patty, brie cheese, arugula, and pear.
*Rinse cooked black beans with fresh water and drain well before using