Yield: 8” square pan
- ½ cup butter, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 100g graham crackers, crushed into crumbs + a few extra squares for topping
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup Chai Apple Spread
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 15 marshmallows, cut into half (or use 1 cup mini marshmallows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper leaving enough overhang on the sides to lift the bars out when they have cooled. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or a large bowl and electric hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Add this flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until combined and no flour pockets remain.
- Press ⅔ of the dough into an even layer at the bottom of the lined baking pan. Spread the Chai Apple Spread evenly over the base then scatter the chocolate chips and marshmallows on top. Mold the remaining dough into flat pieces and lay them on top of the fillings. Break remaining squares of graham crackers into pieces and press them into the top layer of dough.
- Bake the bars for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack before removing from the pan and slicing into squares.