- Briefly mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add the yogurt into the well. Mix with a spatula or clean hands until a dough is formed.
- Flip the dough out onto a clean surface. Knead for a minute or two until the dough ball is smooth.
- Cut the dough into 3 equal pieces. Lightly flour your surface and then use a rolling pin to flatten each ball into an oblong shape that is about ¼” thick.
- Heat about 2 tsp of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, fry the shaped dough one at a time. Cook 1-2 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Repeat this step with the remaining dough. Set aside cooked dough while you prepare the toppings.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil. Cook the onions over medium-low heat until caramelized and very soft. Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for a few minutes more until no liquid remains and the onions are jammy.
- To assemble, place the flatbreads on a large cookie sheet, then spread a generous tablespoon of Pear Walnut Chutney over each flatbread. Top with caramelized onion, pear slices, and parmesan cheese. Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes or until cheese is melty. Garnish with arugula and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.