- 4 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup of Milk, warmed up to about 110 degrees
- 2-1/4 tsp of Active Dry Yeast
- 1/4 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Envelope of Vanillina or 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Cups of Chai Apple Spread
- Sprinkle the yeast and one teaspoon of sugar over the warm milk, give it a gentle stir and set aside to activate.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt and vanilla to the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Once the yeast is ready, add it to the flour mixture along with the butter and eggs and knead on medium speed for about 5 minutes or until your dough comes together.
- Place the dough into a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap or a lint-free towel and let rise in a 100˚F oven for 45 min or at room temperature for 1 1/2 hours, or until doubled in size.
- Roll out the dough onto a floured surface to about 1/2 inch thick, Using a biscuit cutter 3.5”, cut out your donuts, place them on your baking sheets, placing them a couple inches apart, cover them with a towel and let them rise in a warm spot for about half an hour or until doubled.
- Add enough oil to a dutch oven so it comes halfway up the sides of the pot, allow it to come up to 350 degrees.
- Once the donuts have risen, gently lower them into the hot oil and fry them for about 3 minutes on each side or until puffed and golden brown. Take them out of the hot oil and place them on a paper towel lined baking sheet to drain the excess oil.
- Coat the hot donuts in the powdered sugar and allow them to cool enough to handle.
- Using a piping bag fitted with a plain round tip (about 1/4 inch round tip) squeeze about 1 Tbsp (or more) of Chai Apple Spread in each donut. Simply choose one side and stick the piping tip about half way in and squeeze out the Chai Apple Spread.